nedjelja, 14. siječnja 2024.

Jaylah (Fanuary 2024)

I'm so glad that today's Fanuary prompt "BEYOND" coincides with the day when the movie where this character is from is being aired on a regional TV channel (and I'm watching it right now!). It's Jaylah from Star Trek Beyond and I've been planning to redraw her since 2016. Yep, that was the year the movie came out and inspired my first try.



I haven't seen my original drawing for years until now and my plan was to draw this new version without looking at it to avoid affecting my imagination with the style and solutions I used to have 8 years ago. It was drawn in Paint Shop Pro (I'm using Clip Studio Paint now), but now that it's finished and I'm comparing them, I don't think my style changed that much. Also, I guess I used the original photos and promotional material as before, as it was the only appearance of this character in the Star Trek universe and there aren't any new materials online, although there may have been examples of new cosplays. But more importantly, I was curious about how accurate my likeness of her costume details would be this time.



Also, it was my first time seeing Sofia Boutella and instantly falling in love with her and her other roles (Kingsman, The Atomic Blonde, Hotel Artemis, The Mummy, Cabinet of Curiosities, Rebel Moon, just to name some). OK, they may not all be hits, but I always look forward to watching any project she's in.



The Fanuary art challenge is by @tonycartoonish, the pose is from @theposearchives.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #artchallenge #fanuary  #fanuary2024 #startrek #startrekbeyond #jaylah #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar