srijeda, 10. siječnja 2024.

Blue Beetle (Fanuary 2024)

Another character on my Fanuary list is the DC's Blue Beetle. As I mentioned before, this creative art challenge made me finally draw fanart I've been postponing for years - in this case it would be since 2012, the year the second season of Young Justice came out and I was introduced to Jaime Reyes for the first time. Yep, believe it or not, it's been more than a decade, but according to a famous saying, I guess it's never too late. The prompt that inspired me this time was "blue".



As for the last year's live action movie of the same name... I don't know what new I can say about superhero movies that I haven't mentioned before. They're not so popular anymore, they've become copies of each other, the pace, stories and jokes are predictable or cringe... but I repeat, I'll watch them anyway because they're still fun enough and they feed my childhood nostalgia.

Jaime's story is interesting enough, the suit design is excellent, transformation and fight scenes too, but the "comedic" involvement of the hero's family feels annoying and forced and gives off a kid's movie vibe and that's been happening too often lately (the last example was in The Marvels). They're far from a masterpiece, but that's something I stopped expecting when it comes to superhero movies.



The Fanuary art challenge is by @tonycartoonish, the pose is from @theposearchives.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #artchallenge #fanuary  #fanuary2024 #dc #bluebeetle #blue #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar