nedjelja, 7. siječnja 2024.

The Marvels (Fanuary Art Challenge)

I usually have a lot of ideas for my drawings, but not enough time for all of them, so whenever I can, I try to combine them with art challenges. That's why I'm planning to use this month's Fanuary (by @tonycartoonish) and draw a couple of drawings I've been postponing for too long.


The prompt for day 5 is "power", which was the perfect opportunity for me to draw The Marvels fanart, a piece I promised to draw last year. In the movie, Carol, Monica and Kamala aren't able to use their powers properly because somehow they got entangled, so they keep switching places everytime they use them.



And if you think this is just a copy of a similar promotional movie material, nope - I drew everything from scratch, adapting three different poses from @theposearchives. It took me too much time to finish this, more than I expected, because of their detailed MCU suits (it would have been simpler to draw their comic book versions!), plus trying to match the actresses' likeness, which turned out... debatable, I know. There was also a plan for Goose and a couple of other flerkens, but I just couldn't make myself draw them too. After all, as I mentioned, the theme was "power", so I guess that's OK.



Also, the number of characters is another reason why I failed to post it on the right date. Three isn't such a big number, but it's a very important achievement for me because I used to draw only one character for a long time, often just the upper part of the body, hiding or cutting off the rest using various drawing effects.


As for the movie itself, well... I know the MCU is not the same as before and you have to settle with some of their questionable decisions, but if it's fun enough, I'm ready to switch my brain off and enjoy the movie. I'm not looking for a deeper meaning anymore, I guess I chose a simpler approach.


My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi


#digitaldrawing #artchallenge #fanuary  #fanuary2024 #marvel #themarvels #power #grdilicious #grdi 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar