subota, 5. svibnja 2018.

My own Infinity War challenge

Two weeks before the premiere of Avengers: Infinity War, I started my own little challenge, a kind of a test for me and my abilities. I called it "6 Pieces For 6 Gems" and I planned to create six pieces of artwork, any kind that I usually do - digital or traditional artwork, comic strips, DIY projects etc., but always a different technique - one piece for each Infinity Gem! They don't have to be connected to the colour or the meaning of the gems, there just need to be six finished drawings/projects by the end of the second week. Here are all six pieces of artwork.


 Here are some tools of my trade I included in this challenge:


And this is the list of all six projects:

* DIY pencil holder - inspired by the Infinity Gauntlet
* Traditional/watercolour - Thanos
* DIY badge - Avengers logo
* DIY polymer clay item - Infinity Gauntlet
* Comic strip @odd.one.comic
* Digital - Captain America/Nomad

#Piece1ForGem1



My first item for my own Infinity War challenge is an Infinity Gauntlet inspired pencil holder and I hoped it would be the easiest project, but nooo. 🤔 When you look at the final product, it might seem the lamest project ever, but please keep in mind that I spent one afternoon in thrift shops and dollar stores and an evening playing the hit and miss game. 🙄 If you think it's too simple or - I don't know - ugly, be glad you haven't seen the first, crappier version. 😁


In the end I made a version with gold foil, coloured paper, flat glass marbles and magnets. So, there it is - a golden can with six Infinity Stones (or Gems) you can arrange any way you like (I'm not sure which order they'll use in the MCU). Feel free to swipe left to see the whole progress. And another thing - if you think about it, it's actually a 2in1 project! The Gems can also be used as fridge magnets. Wooo! So, what do you think - did the first item blow your mind? 😉

#Piece2ForGem2



My second entry for this challenge is a watercolour pencil drawing of Thanos. Honestly, I didn't know how it would turn out, although I gave my all to follow and apply some advice from tutorials I found on YouTube.


So, it's not very good, but also not that bad... I hope. I'll definitely need some more practice. 🤔 As you can see, I filmed the whole process, so when it's up on my YouTube channel, you can check it out and maybe give me some advice about what I should or shouldn't have done.

#Piece3ForGem3



My next DIY project for this challenge are six badges with Avengers logo. The background colours represent six Infinity Stones, while the logo itself is white. I used wooden tokens, safety pins, a hot glue gun, decoupage glue, coloured paper and foam rubber.



I was particularly happy I got to finish these before the premiere, because I planned to wear them, share them with my friends and maybe even give them away at the local movie premiere, like I did with those Star Wars badges last year.

#Piece4ForGem4



My fourth project for my own Infinity War challenge is an episode of my Odd One comic, which I've been posting on my IG account @odd.one.comic. It was the last project before I went to the local premiere, so my last two items were finished after the movie.

#Piece5ForGem5



The fifth piece of artwork is a DIY project, a polymer clay item, and as promised, it's a 7cm miniature of the Infinity Gauntlet (or at least my version of it). I wasn't able to find the right colour of clay (I was looking for the gold one), so I mixed some colours that I had from my previous projects. I haven't sculpted anything new for a long time, so some pieces were very dry or hard and this was the perfect opportunity to test the Sculpey liquid knock-off I bought some time ago. It's supposed to soften the clay and it worked out perfectly. 👌


As usual in similar projects, the base of the Gauntlet was aluminium foil, a pretty useful technique if you don't want to waste too much polymer clay. When it was finished, I coated it with gloss varnish and used self-adhesive plastic decorative crystals for Infinity Stones to make the whole thing look more "realistic".

#Piece6ForGem6



The sixth piece of artwork is a digital drawing of Captain America in his new costume from Infinity War, and as usual, it was done in Inkscape. So, it took me more than two weeks after all, but I'm glad I got to finish the challenge and complete all planned projects. 👍

As for the film itself, you probably know by now that I saw it before finishing this challenge. I'm not going to spoil anything - unlike an unbelievably big number of various social network users 😡 - but if you're a fellow Marvelite, you shouldn't be disappointed at all. It was amazing, The Infinity War sent me on an emotional ride and I'll need a few days to wrap my head around everything I experienced. I also hope I'll see it again soon.

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar