subota, 3. veljače 2024.

My monthly review: January 2024

My monthly review: January 2024

We've barely set foot in 2024, so it's too early to revisit New Year's resolutions, but let me just check if I'm on the right track. Job? Ugh, the same battle royale bull***t as usual. 😒 Health? Not a very good start as I got one of the most severe episodes of sciatica and I can barely move until the pain subsides. 😡 Art? Well, I believe I made some progress. 🤔



• I tried to participate in the Fanuary art challenge as much as possible, which was still pretty weak (only 6 out of 31 drawings), but I finally drew some fanart I've been putting off for years! Thanks to the prompts by @tonycartoonish, I started the year with The Marvels: Carol, Monica and Kamala, then Blue Beetle (DC), Jaylah (Star Trek), Guillotine, Magik and Captain Carter (all three Marvel); also big thanks to @theposearchives for all the references! And after all that I even managed to squeeze in a creature design, fictional bugs called "stinkachios".

• I also decided to work on my Insta stories and Reels, trying to please the algorithm gods if possible and there actually have been a few new followers!  I've been using CapCut for a while and I can honestly recommend that video editing program.

• I still haven't tried other art techniques and I've been lazy with the new webomics, although I believe I have a few interesting ideas.

• But I'm still feeding that idea that something has to change, I just need to rearrange my priorities to get the things going. My plans for February are:
- to finish a collage of my first drawing years (2016-2019) in a new style I've been doing since 2020
- to participate in art challenges such as Webruary (Spider-Man related) and Styluary (other artists' style)
- to start posting YouTube Shorts and *maybe* consider reactivating my TikTok account and post the same videos I usually post in Reels just because of, you guess, the algorithm!

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #mymonthlyreview #january2024 #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar