petak, 30. lipnja 2023.

Kaijune / Junicorn 2023

Two art challenges for June - Kaijune and Junicorn combined - are just a perfect opportunity for me to redraw another OC of mine, Dinocorn, a dinosaur-like monster with unicorn features! When I created it last year, it was a silly experiment for a specific post and I didn't think I'd draw it again, but here we are, this is my third version of this creature.



Dinocorn was one of three monsters I created to illustrate a rant about my neighbours' children who kept playing in our parking lot, damaging our property (cars and parts of the building) and making insufferable noise (such as hitting a ball against metal garage doors pretending they're goal posts). The creatures were chimeras representing kids' interests in toys, superheroes, video games etc., so among others I came up with a combination of a dinosaur and a unicorn and named it Dinocorn. It was supposed to be a one time thing, but I realized it could be an interesting character, so I keep drawing it.

Unfortunately, as this kind of behaviour is sadly still encouraged by their parents, this drawing becomes relevant every summer. Hell, I can hear them under my balcony right now, doing their devilish deeds as I'm typing this... 🙄 I'm glad there are kids today who choose to play outside, but due to the nature of their games I secretly hope for scorching weather by day and armies of mosquitoes by night so they would be forced to stay inside and play on their phones or whatever. 😒

In order to redesign my creature as a kaiju, I added some kaiju elements, for example the strength and the ability to use electricity (the horn is some kind of a lightning rod or a conductor). It's fun coming back to your old creations and experimenting with their looks, accessories and styles, so I'll probably add more features as time goes by. The background and other effects for this illustration was created by using CSP brushes.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #artchallenge #kaijune #junicorn #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar