subota, 3. lipnja 2023.

SFeraKon 2023

I finally found time for a post about this year's SFeraKon, a Croatian sci-fi convention held at The Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computing (The University of Zagreb). After missing it for three years, it was so refreshing to finally get back there again. ❤



This year's trip was very special to me, because I skipped two "light" versions of 2020 and 2021 and then I got Covid last year and had to skip it again. 😡 The thing I liked the most was how the time seemed to have stopped. Everything I like about SFeraKon was there, including so many familiar faces and people I usually communicate with via social media. Interesting guests, lectures, quizzes, games, cosplay... it was like good old days.

I'm glad that Star Trek got into the spotlight again, mainly because of two of the guests of honour, Nicole de Boer (Ezri Dax from "Deep Space 9") and Lolita Fatjo (an assistant to the executive producer and a pre-production coordinator on several Star Trek properties). But what really surprised me was the cosplay choice - a lot of manga and anime, fantasy and video game characters, some Star Wars and Star Trek too, but almost none of the comic book characters! 🤔 I'm aware the MCU's been kind of in the gutter lately (although I saw a Thor there!), but where are the DC's favourites such as Harley Quinn or Joker? Is the comic book movie fatigue taking its toll? It was just... weird. 🤷‍♂️

And now my art - as you can see, I drew myself with some of the props I've made so far: the Infinity Gauntlet, the Tesseract, Captain America and Captain Marvel hats, plus the only full cosplay I've ever done, Luigi. There are also badges, keychains, magnets (Avengers, Spider-Man, Dark Phoenix, Star Wars etc.), but I haven't made anything new for a very long time.








Anyway, no matter which trends will be popular in the future, I hope I'll be part of SFeraKon for a long time to come.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #sferakon #sferakon2023 #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar