subota, 10. lipnja 2023.

MerMay 2018-2023

Now that May and the MerMay drawing challenge are behind us, let me present you all mermaids I've drawn do far. I know that the point of the challenge is to draw one mermaid each day during May, but I decided to draw only one for each year.



2018: My first mermaid was inspired by J. Scott Campbell's The Little Mermaid statue. It also set some kind of a standard for my future drawings - a mermaid leaning on a rock in the sea.

2019: The new version of She-Ra became popular on Netflix, so my choice was Princess Mermista. I didn't really like the show, it was the actress Vella Lovell who voiced Mermista that actually inspired me to draw her character.

2020: The idea to draw Ahsoka as a mermaid came in the last minute. I had something else in mind but somehow I ended up with this and I'm still not really happy how it turned out.

2021: I'm very proud of this drawing, especially because I included some Pokémon! I was inspired by a photo of Albina, our Eurosong contestant who was holding a stuffed teddy bear. In my version she's holding a Magikarp plushie (plus there's a Staryu).

2022: This was another "I don't know what kind of mermaid to draw" challenge, but somehow I came up with some alien and galaxy themes, so... here it is. Just like in 2020, I'm not so happy with this one.

2023: This year's choice was influenced by another challenge, DTIYS, so I knew immediately what I wanted to draw. Just like in 2021, I'm also very proud how this drawing turned out.

So here are my final thoughts:
• The best: 2021 and 2023
• The not-so-good but still OK: 2020 and 2021
• The most popular: 2019 (I still get a lot of likes for her, especially on dA)
• The one I thought would be more popular: 2021
• I changed my logo in 2019
• Somewhere around 2019/2020 I started avoiding backgrounds, drawing an ellipse instead of a shadow and using white outline more often

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #fanart #mermaid #mermay #drawingchallenge #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar