ponedjeljak, 30. siječnja 2023.

Black Panther 2

I made the sketch for this drawing more than a month ago, but now's finally time to finish it, which isn't such a bad timing as Wakanda Forever is coming to Disney+ this week. I'm not sure if there are any spoilers left, but I guess there are people who'll watch it on Disney+ for the first time so I'll try to avoid anything that could spoil the movie.



Marvel films have been declining in quality, especially after Endgame. At least for me there's that feeling of a closure, like it was a perfect movie and nothing that comes next in the MCU will be so goosebumps inducing. Yes, there are some unfinished story arcs plus new characters and interesting new stories, but I'm not sure how it will end. On the other hand, there are some superheroes who haven't been introduced so far and who I'd be excited to see, but it's still a vast universe (or multiverse) that could easily fall apart if it kept growing and people could eventually get fed up with it.

Wakanda Forever is some kind of exception because of Chadwick Boseman's death and the studio's decision to make major changes to the titular character and the tone of the movie. The plot was changed, it became a touching tribute to the late actor and also resulted in one of Angela Bassett's best performances. She's been one of my favourite actresses since her 80s and 90s roles, so after winning a Golden Globe for her portrayal of Queen Ramonda I'd like to see her winning an Oscar too.

As for the drawing, I was struggling with painting this kind of a superhero suit again, where I couldn't play with shadows and highlights as I usually do in my style. And not to mention all the details... 🙄 It's no wonder that it took me so long to finish it. It's different than my first Black Panther drawing from 2018, but I believe this works too. I don't usually use soft shading but it helps in cases like this.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #fanart #marvel #blackpanther2 #wakandaforever #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar