ponedjeljak, 18. prosinca 2023.

The Emperor's New Groove (Yzma)

This drawing wasn't part of my original plan for this month, but as it was another Disney movie anniversary three days ago, I simply felt the need to honour it somehow. Why? It's another favourite masterpiece, The Emperor's New Groove!



I already drew Yzma two years ago, but I decided to watch the movie again and try to recreate all her amazing outfits. As you can see, I made only two more, so I guess the remaining three will have to wait for some other time. I drew new Yzma's versions using parts of the original lineart, mostly for her face and the pose in general, but I still had to finish everything else.

I agree that calling this movie a masterpiece is a bit farfetched, because there were many problems with the production and it was a flop according to Disney standards, but it got new fans over the years and became a kind of a classic. And so I got hooked, too!

It's not a typical Disney cookie cutter movie - there's a funny theory it's the most WB's Looney Toons movie Disney will ever make. 😄 But there's so much more to love about it: the humour, 2D animation, buddy-buddy dynamic (Spade/Goodman), a scene-stealer Kronk (Warburton), Perfect World by Tom Jones and unforgettable Eartha Kitt as the villain Yzma! 😍 I was first introduced to this amazing singer and actress while watching her as Catwoman in 1960s Batman reruns, then came the year 1994 with the successful Eurodance remix of her hit "Where is my man" and finally The Emperor's New Groove in 2000.

Yzma is such a cool villain, unapologetically (im)perfect in everything she does. She is often a laughing stock because of her looks, but although she could take one of her transforming potions and choose a better image, she believes she's perfect as she is and she shines with her bold choice of ridiculous outfits. That's why I believe I'll return to this subject one day and finish her other versions.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #theemperorsnewgroove #yzma #disney #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar