nedjelja, 15. listopada 2023.

The Black Cauldron

 It's spooky season, so my "The Black Cauldron" fanart comes at the right time - it's a happy coincidence because my regular work keeps me busy and I'm not sure if I'll get to draw what I originally planned. I guess that's the real horror of this Halloween - and this whole year for that matter! 😱



Here are the main antagonists, the Horned King and his right-hand lackey Creeper with the titular cauldron. The movie was a flop when it came out because of the dark theme and scary sequences (which was atypical for Disney and supposedly almost destroyed the company) and who knows how I would've reacted if I had watched it as a kid! This movie ended on the "invisible" list although it's pretty decent and interesting: a hero, a quest, a villain, funny side characters, love interest, the final resolution... there was everything this kind of movie was supposed to have.


The only distraction for me was the voice of Gurgi, a funny creature Taran meets on his journey. It's sooo similar to Gollum's from the Lord of the Rings movies that once you hear it, you can't get the resemblance out of your head (of course, the voice actors are different, John Byner for Gurgi and Andy Serkis for Gollum). It's actually nothing new, I mean, the Black Cauldron is from 1985, but it was new to me and there are also many comments about that on the imdb page, so I guess I'm not the only one. 🤷‍♂️


My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi


#digitaldrawing #fanart #disney #theblackcauldron #thehornedking #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar