nedjelja, 1. listopada 2023.

My hairstyles

I often look for inspiration in dates, so when I found out that October 1 is celebrated as the National hair day, I decided to draw as many of my hairstyles I've sported over the years. I actually did something similar a few years ago, but this time I expanded my collection.



My father lost his hair in his early twenties, so my brother and I were concerned it would happen to us too, but apart from slowly receding hairline, both of us kept most of the hair to have decent hairstyles. And then some, as it turned out in my case!

1) During my childhood my haircuts were usually short and unimaginative. But when I became more self-conscious about my looks, I let it grow and part in the middle. My hair was usually straight but the more it grew, the more it curled outwards.

2) I didn't have a punk phase, but I found mohawks fascinating, so I experimented one summer with this hairstyle. I really liked it, but that was it.

3) The hairstyle that stuck for a bit longer was the undercut pompadour and is still one of my favourites.

4) The boldest experiment happend one summer when I let my pompadour grow, dyed my hair blonde and started wearing a top knot or man bun. I also let my beard grow longer to complete the look that I considered the coolest ever.

5) That was also the summer after which I couldn't return to my work looking like that, so I shaved it all. I did it several times before letting my hair grow again.

6) And all this leads to my present and most boring haircut, just short hair with a fade.

So I'm keeping it short and I'm not planning to repeat any of the styles, mostly because of my age, increasing grey hairs and occasional alopecia, but I'm glad I had courage to do something I really liked and wanted at the moment. Plus, I did it all on my own, because I've been cutting my own hair for more than a decade (using mirrors and other tricks). 👍

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #haircut #hairstyle #pompadour #topknot #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar