nedjelja, 8. listopada 2023.

Sir Hiss (Robin Hood)

Here's an unexpected drawing, done last night in a moment of sudden inspiration. 🎨 I've been watching some less known or famous Disney cartoons lately and this drawing was inspired by "Robin Hood" (1973). It's one of the characters from the movie, Sir Hiss.



I adore 2D animation and some titles I've never heard of before became newly discovered gems for me. This movie is brilliant and fun, but when Sir Hiss appeared, my first thought was, oh no, this one's going to be a tragic character! I mean, the tragedy is that he's sooo much more intelligent than other villains but always stays in Prince John's shadow, overlooked and never gets acknowledged for his brilliance, you just have to feel sorry for him. In other circumstances he could've been the mastermind or even a redeemed villain who'd eventually help our heroes, but somehow he remained a misunderstood PJ's sidekick.

There are basically three main villains in the movie: of course, the sheriff of Nottingham is the worst, Prince John is a fool who doesn't know what it means to be a leader or boss and does everything on a whim or because of ignorance or boredom and has power only because his brother King Richard is on a crusade (I guess you know the story) - but Sir Hiss (who is one of the original characters made for this movie) has the greatest potential to be the brain behind the crown - and somehow never gets the chance to shine, so instead of that he ends up the same as other villains in the movie.

P.S. I think "The Black Cauldron" (1985) is next.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #fanart #disney #robinhood #sirhiss #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar