srijeda, 20. ožujka 2024.

Background / Negative space

Drawing backgrounds was never my strong suit. My drawing style is all over the place, but I kind of settled for character design with an empty background and occasionally a shadow or an oval representing a shadow. Still, it doesn't mean I gave up on the backgrounds completely. 


I came across a video about negative space and how it can be easily used instead of a full-blown background. According to that theory, it can be almost anything, so I chose geometric shapes, mostly circles and rectangles. They're usually abstract or simplified but they're not always just random fillers - at least I'm trying to make a meaningful frame for the illustration when I can, tell some kind of a story if possible and I sometimes surprise myself with the ideas I come up with.


Here are some examples from this year. 






My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi


#digitaldrawing #background #negativespace #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar