nedjelja, 19. studenoga 2023.

Martial artists

This weird combination is a result of playing with Jazza's Arty Games application again. I was trying out the random character feature and created six prompts just for fun. Two of them were kind of similar, something about fighters - or more precisely - "a weak martial artist with long black hair that is obsessed with cheese" and "a fighter's apprentice with the ability to fly that can't keep off their smartphone", so I decided to create this unusual duo.



I've always admired artists who can cleverly incorporate any given prompts in their drawings, for example Jazza or the Drawfee crew, but I must admit I struggle with it sometimes. While I'm happy with the apprentice, the martial artist turned out really weird. I decided to interpret "weak" as "clumsy while using shurikens" and I presented his obsession with cheese by his choice of clothing and also as part of his training process - he's trying to hit a stack of cheese with shurikens and accidentally knocks it over... I'm not sure if it's imaginative enough, but that was my best idea for this piece. 🤷‍♂️ I believe I've had much better ideas over these decades and some of them are among my proudest works, but no matter how brilliant or awful something turns out, the result is usually the same (lack of acknowledgement, low interest, a few likes etc.). So I'll just accept this drawing as it is and move to the next one.



But on the other hand... while the martial artist feels and looks like some kind of a failure, I'm very satisfied with the apprentice's design, so I'll probably make her a hero in my GRDI-Verse saga as Davorachnid's ally and friend. 👍

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #characterdesign #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar