četvrtak, 9. studenoga 2023.

After The Horror 2023

There was a drawing competition by Jazza in 2019 named "After The Horror", where the participants were supposed to draw familiar horror villains spending their time after the cameras and lights go out. I drew Freddy, Michael and Jason sitting next to a phone, feeling bored and expecting a call from producers to find out what's next for their franchises. This year I decided to expand that challenge and add three more characters each Halloween. I chose Chucky, Ghostface and Pennywise for 2023.



I also had to change the scene a little bit, which will become a challenge for my future additions, because I'm not supposed to change much from my previous versions. Here we can see Chucky trying to cut the phone line, while Ghostface is shocked because he's also expecting the call for his next movie and Pennywise even encourages Chucky to do it because his story was limited and he isn't expecting to film anything new. Freddy, Michael and Jason are not aware of what's going on, they're either focused on the phone or sad and worried, so let's say it works. 👍



While I was scrolling and looking for that 2019 drawing on my IG, I remembered it was the time when I used to pay for promotion of some of my drawings (at least three if I'm not mistaken) and After The Horror was one of them. I was sick and tired of drawing so much and not being acknowledged, so I thought paying for promotion would help. Well, it actually did, but only for those promoted drawings - but I didn't get new subscribers or likes for regular drawings so I stopped paying to see what would happen... and nothing did, my account vanished again in the depths of anonymity. That "false interest" was useless and although my drawings keep getting up to 10 likes, I've made my peace with that fact and I guess that's just the way it has to be. The algorithm's become my frenemy for life now. ❤

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitaldrawing #fanart #halloween #afterthehorror #artchallenge #jazza #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar