nedjelja, 10. travnja 2022.

Ambigrams (watercolor pencils)

I've been creating digital drawings for quite some time, but if you follow me long enough, you may remember my experiments with various techniques. It's no secret that I've always been inspired by Jazza and just like him I wanted to explore other artistic possibilities, but of course, it's impossible to keep up with him. 😄 So, these here are the watercolor pencils I bought a few years ago - they can be used as normal pencils and then a damp or wet brush activates the pigment and creates something similar to watercolors, but with more control.



Sometimes I miss drawing (or creating) in different styles. After trying most of them out, I eventually chose digital art as my main focus, mainly because of some so-called experts' advice about growing your IG account (some bs about consistency and blah, blah...). 🙄 Again, I can't stress enough how I'm starting to hate those "Instagram gurus". 😒 I should really stop playing the pointless game called the Instagram algorithm and just do and post whatever I feel like at that moment. At this point I've turned into that ancient Roman senator Cato who always cried "Carthage must be destroyed!” and the more I keep talking about this issue, the crazier I sound. 🤪



So I've been working on a few ambigrams (for birthday presents), but instead of just printing the plain monochromatic versons directly, I copied blank shapes on watercolor paper and used watercolor pencils to fill them in as well as thin black markers for the outline. It was fun to combine and blend colors this way again and I hope the people who get them will like it too. 👍

Follow me: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#traditionalart #drawing #ambigram #watercolorpencils #brush #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar