subota, 26. veljače 2022.

The Joker (Arrowverse)

I know what many people think about the Arrowverse and I see all the flaws like everybody else, but I still support it a lot. My favourite shows are Legends Of Tomorrow, The Flash and Batwoman. As you can see, this post is dedicated to the latter one.



To be honest, Batwoman has been kind of problematic from the very beginning. It looked like just another CW's soap opera and then when Ruby Rose left the project after just one season, they had to redefine the show by introducing a new Batwoman. Although I still miss the character of Kate Kane, Javicia Leslie's Ryan Wilder (along with all the changes they had to make) grew on me and continued the story. And that brought us to the second season's cliffhanger, which at least in my book made everything better.


The third season revolves around the fact that many items and weapons that belonged to classic Batman's villains got lost from his cave and kind of keep bringing back some of the iconic villains such as Mr Freeze, Poison Ivy or even Joker. And they do it in a nostalgic Tim Burton's Batman way, which is enough for a retro-enthusiast like me to love the show even more.


And here we are - with another version of Joker! SPOILER ALERT! This time it's actually Ryan's half-brother Marquis, which makes the things even more interesting (played brilliantly by Nick Creegan. This week's episode was his first outing as the new Joker, so I guess it's still not completely clear which style he's going to choose. At the moment he's rocking a look similar to Joaquin's and also later in the episode something that Harley would probably wear. 


For my drawing I used some of the clothes he was wearing when he first appeared, plus some details from previous Jokers. He still doesn't wear any clown-like makeup and he wears more purple and red than green, but I put some greenish rim light around him and I also drew a green pattern on the back of the cards just to get that iconic green/purple aesthetic.


Follow me: https://linktr.ee/grdi


#digitalart #drawing #dc #cw #batwoman #joker #arrowverse #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar