srijeda, 23. veljače 2022.

My Cuphead Persona

 I've never played the Cuphead video game, but I'm amazed by the retro style they used to create the characters (my boomer ass still remembers the time when these so-called "rubber hose" cartoons were popular on TV). 😄 So when I found out there was going to be a Netflix show inspired by that game, I knew I had to watch it and create my Cuphead persona!



At first I planned to draw just my OC avatar in this style, carrying a drawing tablet and a stylus and wearing a T-shirt with my logo, but then I added the main antagonist of the show, the Devil. In the cartoon he is claiming Cuphead's soul, but in my version he's reminding me of some harsh realities every artist faces from time to time.


To be honest, there were supposed to be three things on his list: job, algorithm and art block, but I decided to keep it simple - this kind of statement would be too much for this silly illustration (let's leave it for a more serious post). But yes, I planned to write about my job that doesn't leave me enough time for my hobbies, as well as about that eyebrow-raising IG rule where you won't be relevant if you don't film unnecessary reels or whatever, but... let's just call it art block, even if it's not really that - because there have been so many stupid things lately that keep pissing me off and blocking me from enjoying my hobbies such as drawing. 🙄


Follow me: https://linktr.ee/grdi


#digitalart #drawing #cuphead #thecupheadshow #netflix #cupheadpersona #cupheadsona #cupsona #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar