ponedjeljak, 11. listopada 2021.

Cloud 9 Superstore

Superstore is one of those TV shows that sneaked up on me and blew my mind. It may seem like just a silly comedy show about a group of workers at a Cloud 9 Superstore (something like Target), but the characters and storylines were so incredible (and actually funny!) that I had to binge watch all 6 seasons.



I chose two characters for my drawing, America Ferrera as Amy and Ben Feldman as Jonah with their Rachel/Ross "will they/won't they" chemistry, although the whole cast is absolutely amazing (even if their characters tend to be annoying). And even though they created a kind of world I'd love to live in from the very first episode, the last season was something out of this world. 🤯

I know some TV shows dealt with the Covid-19 situation in their storylines (SWAT, NCIS, The Good Doctor...), but the sixth season of Superstore made it feel real and still somehow entertaining. They covered many aspects of 2019/2020 in such a familiar way, from wearing masks in the store, quarantine and toilet paper shortage to online shopping and the delivery service - everything we've actually gone through in our ordinary lives. Plus their "Superstore" humour, already established in previous seasons. 🤣

There is so much more to this show (it deals with important issues such as human rights, racism, immigration etc.) and maybe it won't leave the same effect on everyone, but it quickly landed among my top 5 favourite TV shows ever. 😍

Follow me: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #tv #comedy #superstore #cloud9 #nbcsuperstore #simmosa #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar