četvrtak, 20. veljače 2020.

DIY Triceratops Hat

I promised myself I'd create more digital art - and I actually have three projects in progress! - but here we are again with another unexpected extra DIY project (let's even call it one of my first commissions!). A friend and a colleague of mine asked me for a help with her daughter's school project, a dinosaur inspired mask or something similar.


One of the ideas was to use a baseball cap and I went with it, because time was short and it was simple and something I had experience with before. The dinosaur was supposed to be a triceratops, so I found similar ideas on the Internet, but also tried to add my own style.

The hat was accompanied by a set of vertical plates on the back, a long paper tail and paper origami claws (I know all these things aren't usual for this type of dinosaurs, but kids wanted them, so why not?). I was planning to use craft felt sheets at first (size A4), but eventually went with foam rubber and, all in all, it didn't cost much and I'm more than satisfied with how it turned out. And it made my friend's kid happy, which was the most important thing in all this.


P.S. In February there's a celebration in my country that's similar to Halloween - there are carnivals and children make masks and go trick-or-treating. The tradition is older than the American counterpart, but since Halloween became more and more popular some time in the 1990s, we now actually have two similar traditions. 😁👍

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar