četvrtak, 23. ožujka 2023.

Tri-Chain-Ju

Here are the protagonists of three anime shows I've been watching lately: Vash from Trigun Stampede, Denji from Chainsaw Man and Yuji Itadori/Sukuna from Jujutsu Kaisen.



I didn't know there was going to be a Trigun reboot (the original remained one of my dearest memories of pre-Crunchyroll and Netflix times), so this discovery took me by surprise. I was curious about the new style of animation, as well as the reimagined story. I don't like 3D/CGI cartoons and I've always believed that 3D anime have a special place in hell, but it turns out that some of them could change my mind - mostly if they don't look completely CGI and keep the 2D anime aesthetics in the art style, as Trigun Stampede does. The second surprise was the characters' redesign, especially when it comes to Vash, but somehow it works too.

The animation in Chainsaw Man is a blend of 2D and 3D animation - the environments are mostly 3D, while the characters are 2D. Jujutsu Kaisen has beautiful 2D animation and the interesting thing is that both of them are animated by MAPPA studio. They also took over the last season of one of my most favourite anime of all time, Attack On Titan, so no matter if they use 2D, 3D or CGI infused 2D, this studio is slowly but surely coming to the top of my list.

I liked combining these three characters into one drawing (and I'll try something similar in future, probably with Attack On Titan, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, something like that). I actually drew them separately, which is a big step for me. I usually hate drawing multiple characters because it takes too much time and I just don't know when to stop adding small details that eventually become invisible once the image is resized. Even when there was just one character I used to avoid drawing the full body, but now I'm proud of how quickly I finished this drawing and controlled my obsession with details. All three poses are from @theposearchives.



My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #fanart #anime #trigunstampede #chainsawman #jujutsukaisen #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar