subota, 4. ožujka 2023.

No AI "Art"

No, this isn't a March of Robots post, I just drew my Robosona design in Ghostbusters logo style to write a little rant. 😉



What to say about AI "art" that hasn't been said these last few months? I'm not actually an artist and I don't earn anything from whatever I create here. It's just a hobby, but I still consider myself a member of this community and it's difficult to ignore this issue.

When it comes to everyday users who don't even think of any kind of art, it seems like it could be treated as any other filter - if you need a new profile picture etc., something as simple as that (although there are copyright isuess too). The main problem is when they try to make money off it, calling themselves artists and creating something they claim is theirs, without taking art theft implications into consideration.

Basically, it makes creating art look like a chore, something we're forced to do and they present this "solution" as a shortcut, an easy way out. There's difference between brainstorming, drawing ideas and sketches, perfecting your final piece as long as it takes or just typing prompts in an AI generator program. You draw because you like it and if you want (or if you're lucky enough) you can make money off your own talent and effort, not by stealing.

Obviously this kind of technology is here to stay and I guess it could have some useful applications if dealt properly, but not as an ultimate substitute for real artists or a means of infringing artists' rights. We need new laws or any other way to define or repurpose its use.

My socials: https://linktr.ee/grdi

#digitalart #drawing #ai #aiart #noaiart #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar