petak, 2. kolovoza 2019.

The Unlucky Snake Charmer

I wasn't sure if I should post this digital painting, because it's something out of my comfort zone and I can't decide if I'm satisfied with the final result or not. I drew it about a month ago during a digital art workshop held by @ypgd.vukovar volunteers and I named it "The Unlucky Snake Charmer". The task was to reproduce one of the images we were given and then add anything we want. I chose a photo of a sandy tropical beach and added the items you can see in the sand: the skull of a snake charmer, his flute (pungi) and the basket for a cobra. It's up to you to decide what had actually happened. Did the cobra bite the charmer and leave? Did he die because of some other reason and the cobra is still hiding and waiting in the basket? What do you think?


It was my second YPGD workshop, but this is the first drawing I feel somewhat comfortable to show (unlike the last year's illustration, which was a little bit disappointing, especially because it was my first encounter with new programs and techniques) - or, although it's kind of a stretch, we could consider it the second drawing, because the "Snail Condition" I posted on July 7 was originally a doodle I made during that workshop. 😁



So, it's no secret I like this more "cartoony" style, and I must admit I feel more satisfied with the items in the sand than the rest of the drawing. Backgrounds are just not my thing, I guess. Anyway, I'm grateful to mentors at YPGD, because they encouraged me to explore Photoshop and get my first drawing tablet two years ago. I've been using them for all my illustrations since then. 👍

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar