utorak, 30. srpnja 2019.

Rampage Babies

Growing up in the 80s and playing arcade games on my Commodore 64, Rampage was definitely one of top 5 video games of my childhood. So when I saw there would be a modern movie version (2018, with Dwayne Johnson), I was a little bit sceptic, but all in all it was fun, especially if you like kaiju movies. The whole gang was there, although they changed them a little bit, as well as their origin story.


In the movie version, George isn't an ordinary gorilla, but an albino gorilla (I guess to avoid comparisons with King Kong), Lizzie isn't a lizard, but a crocodile (also I guess to avoid comparisons with Godzilla), but Ralph remains a wolf, and Larry (although in a very small role) is a rat like in the original. Everyone except George also has "secondary mutations", but I don't want to spoil the move in case you'd like to watch it.

As for the illustration, here I go again with my "silly animal style". They're based on the movie versions rather than the original video game and I drew them as harmless babies, playing with LEGO bricks, building a city and later destroying it, of course. 😝

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar