srijeda, 8. svibnja 2019.

DIY Marvel's Tesseract

DIY Marvel's Tesseract, the vessel for the first (at least in the MCU timeline) Infinity Stone - the Space Stone! After making a baseball cap inspired by Captain Marvel's helmet design, I came up with the idea to accompany it with that important glowing cube that keeps appearing through the Avenger's timeline, starting with Captain America and continuing with Captain Marvel. I believe it will be an interesting addition to both of my redesigned baseball caps you've seen in my IG gallery. The SFeraKon convention lasts three days (10-12 May), so there'll be plenty of time to show all these props off.


The YouTube tutorials I came across suggested I should buy some kind of baseball cube display case, but I don't think there's something like that in my country. 🤔 Instead of that, I browsed through some variety shops to find any cheap item (it didn't matter what it was) in a clear plastic cube package.

So, these were the materials I used:
* a clear plastic cube packaging container
* LED micro light string (3x)
* AA batteries (6x)
* white spray paint
* acrylic paint (several blue shades)
* paint brushes
* wax/parchment/baking paper
* Mod Podge or any decoupage glue
* strong glue

First I had to glue the edges of the plastic container, so it doesn't open (the upper part). Then I applied the coat of white spray paint and when it dried I painted it (dabbed, not smeared!) with blue acrylic paint. I finished it with decoupage glue (also dabbed with a paint brush) to seal it and protect it from scratches. I wrapped three LED micro light strings in parchment paper to defuse the light and closed the cube from below (that part won't be visible anyway and I need to open it somehow to turn lights on and off).



Well... It sounds easy, but it wasn't, because not everything went as I had planned and I had to improvise a little bit. The biggest mistake was the white coat, which turned out to be too thick, so the light seemed a bit yellowish. Logically, after I applied blue paint, the light turned out - greenish! So I tried to create some kind of illusion with different shades of blue - darker on the edges, lighter in the center - but if you look at the lit cube, it still seems to emit a little bit of green light.

But all in all, it's not so bad, it'll just have to do. I don't have time to make another, but if I wanted to try again, I know now what I'd change. Anyway, I believe I'm ready for this year's @SFeraKon and I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and maybe meeting new ones and bore them to death with my Marvel knowledge and theories! 😜

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar