utorak, 7. svibnja 2019.

DIY Captain Marvel's cap

How to top last year's baseball cap inspired by Captain America's helmet? It's simple - make another cap inspired by Captain Marvel's helmet! 😁


Materials needed:
* a plain red baseball cap
* red and blue thick felt sheets
* knitting yarn (three shades of yellow)
* scissors
* a wire pin dog brush
* a comb
* a crochet needle
* strong glue (or fabric glue)
* a lot of patience!

Oh, boy, this surely took a lot of time! The hardest part was to brush and straighten about 900 yarn strings, but I'm completely satisfied with how it turned out. Captain Marvel's design is one of the most inspiring I've seen lately and I'm a sucker for mohawks, so it wasn't a brainer for me. The main idea was to find a narrow strip of yellow faux fur, but getting it turned out to be a bust, so I was more than happy when I came across YouTube DIY videos with the idea of making wigs using yarn strings. I just adapted it to make a mohawk and - the rest is history! 😜

In order to copy some of the helmet design, I used thick felt (red and blue), which was a very good decision, because the original idea to use foam rubber wouldn't work out this well. As for the center piece, instead of making and sewing or gluing a new logo, I used a badge I had made for the Captain Marvel movie premiere two months ago.



It's no secret that Marvel is my passion. I'm often inspired by their comics and movies and I like making things like props for movie premieres or - in this case - the local sci-fi convention @SFeraKon (May 10-12). If you see me there, don't hesitate to say hello, just beware - I can talk about Marvel endlessly! 


Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar