nedjelja, 31. siječnja 2021.

Creatuanary 2021

Here's my only drawing for this year's Creatuanary challenge (there's an official prompt list for each day of January, but I usually don't have time to finish 30 day drawing challenges, so I post at least one drawing for the whole month).


This time I tried to redesign one of my old drawings, some kind of an alien creature I drew for a digital art workshop 2 or 3 years ago. It was also supposed to be animated. You don't remember it, because I wasn't satisfied with the final result, so I never posted the original drawing until now.


The new version is also pretty simple. It underwent way too many changes and cringy phases, but I decided to post it anyway. The original actually wasn't original enough - it was a silly mix of a pangolin, anteater, tapir, Sandshrew (Pokemon) and Alf (NBC's sitcom), so I tried to add some new elements or at least reimagine them, but it still didn't turn out the way I hoped it would.


The thing is I don't usually draw monsters, dragons or dinosaurs, so I didn't really know what to do. On the other hand, some videos by Christian Pearson from PopCross Studios helped me a lot. They can be excellent tutorials if you want to learn how to draw fierce cartoony monsters.

-----------------
Follow me:
grdilicious (Twitter & Facebook)
grdobina (deviantART)
grdi.main (Instagram)
grdi (Blogger)

#digitalart #drawing #creature #monster #redraw #creatuanary #creatuanary2021 #grdilicious #grdi

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar