subota, 7. travnja 2018.

Colouring contest (Mamba)

While looking for the way to practice this new watercolour pencils style I've been trying to develop, I stumbled upon a contest by @koteri.ink. I've been following his work for some time and I was glad to see this challenge to colour the lineart of his character Mamba. I assumed many others would use digital art to colour it, so I pursued that recent watercolour pencils obsession that I mentioned.


I printed the very light grey version of the lineart on the watercolour paper, coloured it and went over the original lines with black fineliners (with 0,1 tip). I also used the Pentel brush pen for the outline, as I saw it in some YouTube tutorials. I really like this combination and I'm still new to this style of drawing, but I hope I'm on the right track.


Once again, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I just hope I'll get to colour some of my works soon. 

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar